Topic: Speed Networking 2.0
Hi Austin Chapter, it’s time for Speed Networking 2.0!
I know, we are in the event industry and aren't shy, right? C'mon, you know at networking events we all tend to drift to those we have met before and new folks find it hard to crack into the conversation. This will be our second Speed Networking event of the year for the Austin Chapter. It is designed to meet as many people as possible in a one hour period. You get to do what all of us humans love to do and talk about yourself for a minute and then you listen to what the other person has to say for a minute, and then we yell, "SWITCH"! This is a GREAT opportunity to strengthen the working relationships you have with other members AND to form new ones!
Here's some good reading on how to become an active listener (because apparently we suck at that according to the statistics):
MAKE SURE YOU BRING BUSINESS CARDS because you will be handing them out to each person you sit in front of. There will NOT be time to have a long conversation with those you meet at this event so we urge you to follow up with those folks you are interested in getting to know better via email or phone call after the meeting. Schedule a time to get together and go into depth about each other's businesses and begin to develop that networking relationship. That's what it's really all about, right?
Because of the Independence Day weekend, we are doing a joint meeting for the WILCO and Austin Chapters, so all are invited! Come on out and let us force you to get out of your comfort zone! We look forward to seeing you at The Winfield Inn on the 19th!
Contributing Wedding Professionals
Parking: Free Self Parking in Parking Lot
- Please RSVP by the Friday before the meeting to take advantage of discounted pricing
- All RSVP's after Friday (and walk-ups) will be assessed a late fee.
Michelle Bromley, Austin Chapter Director
- Ticket purchase is valid for this event only and non-refundable. Ticket may not be used for any future events.
- An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible to pay whether you attend or not. You may cancel your RSVP by going to your profile on the website.
- If you are unable to attend, someone else may come in your place - please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your guest to verify.