Fun with Food and Wine Pairing!
Are the mid-wedding season blues hitting you yet? Feel like you haven't seen your colleagues in weeks? Join us On The Hiyu for a fun evening learning about food and wine pairing with a master sommelier! Kick back with friends and don't worry about those emails for a few hours. Come ready to see the new restored ferry boat event venue, On the Hiyu, where we will wine and dine in style!
** Due to the nature of our agreement with the venue, this meeting is limited to 50 guests. Register soon before it sells out!
On The Hiyu
Imagine a wedding On The Hiyu as it sails on the tranquil waters of Lake Union and Lake Washington with breathtaking views of the Seattle skyline and Mt. Rainier as the backdrop. The beautiful, fully renovated 165 ft. ferry boat offers a variety of options to create the perfect wedding or event including a variety of spaces to accommodate a large capacity or an intimate gathering, two uniquely themed bars, expansive open decks and views, and a state of the art sound and lighting system.
City Catering Company was founded in 2001 with a desire to pair seasonal and fresh food with warm professional service and a sleek urban style. Named by Seattle Magazine as Seattle’s Most Creative Caterer, they are chefs, style gurus, craft bartenders, and service geeks. They have extensive experience in the corporate, non-profit, and private sectors and cater a wide range of events throughout the greater Puget Sound Region.
City Catering has received deservedly good press in both local and national publications including Cooking Light, Biz Bash, Your Wedding Day, Seattle Bride, Seattle Metropolitan Bride & Groom, and Seattle Magazine. They are a client oriented company that strives to build long-term relationships.
Regina (Reggie) Daigneault
Wine Educator & Master Sommelier
Reggie has spent close to 40 years in the restaurant and wine industries from her hometown in Philadelphia through Miami and Los Angeles until finding a home in Seattle for the past 28 years. She has diverse experience in beverage management and wine buying in various sectors of the wine industry and has been a wine educator for the past 15 years at the Seattle Colleges, and with various certification courses.
Reggie’s work in managing restaurants, working as a wine director and sommelier over 20 years, and working in wine distribution and wine importing throughout Washington State has intensified her knowledge of food and wine globally. She has set up tours for her students throughout Europe for the past 10 years and travelled extensively in Spain, Italy, and France teaching students who travel with her.
Reggie has certifications with the Court of Master Sommeliers, French Wine Scholar and Diploma level with the Wine and Spirit Education Trust, and as a Bordeaux tutor with the L’Ecole du Vin de Bordeaux and a Wine Scholar Instructor with the Wine Scholar Guild.
Contributing Wedding Professionals
Parking is available on a first come, first serve basis. There is street parking on Fairview Ave and surrounding areas.
Thanks - The Seattle WNUSA Executive Team
- Visit our Local Chapter's Directory Page for more information!
- Guest/Future Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your registration is confirmation of your attendance and a seat at the event.
- Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable. A ticket may be cancelled up to 6 days prior to an event by logging into your account and viewing your registration details. If a ticket is cancelled, it can only be applied to a future meeting. The balance will remain on your account until you register for your next meeting with Wedding Network USA.
- All Tickets: An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible for the full price of the ticket whether you attend or not.
- If you are unable to attend and would like to send someone in your place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a case-by-case basis (this is not guarantee).
- Additional information can be found on our terms and privacy page of the website.