Speed Networking & Meet the Team!
Come join us to meet your updated 2018 Executive Team - Austin/WILCO Chapter Director, Michelle Bromley; Austin/WILCO Communications Chair, Alex Ramirez; Austin Membership Chair, Marcela Bogado; WILCO Membership Chair, Sheryl Baker; Austin Logistics Chair, Shanna Oliver; WILCO Logistics Chair, Jackie Walker; Austin/WILCO Support Chair, Doc List. We have committee positions open, and those members who join a committee get to pick one meeting to attend complimentary and will receive the executive team rate for all other meetings.
After lunch, we will move to our most popular meeting style, Speed Networking. What better way to meet new people than by being forced to. What??? I know, we are in the event industry and aren't shy, right? C'mon, you know at networking events we all tend to drift to those we have met before, and new folks find it hard to crack into the conversation. This event is designed to meet as many people as possible in a one hour period. You get to do what all of us humans love to do and talk about yourself for a minute, and then you listen to what the other person has to say for a minute, and then I yell, "SWITCH"!
Here's some good reading on how to become an active listener (because apparently, we suck at that according to the statistics):https://www.mindtools.com/CommSkll/ActiveListening.htm.
MAKE SURE YOU BRING BUSINESS CARDS because you will be handing them out to each person you sit in front of. There will NOT be time to have a long conversation with those you meet at this event, so we urge you to follow up with those folks you are interested in getting to know better via email or phone call after the meeting. Schedule a time to get together and go into depth about each other's businesses and begin to develop that networking relationship. That's what it's all about, right?
BONUS: This is one of our 20/20 meetings! Invite a future member and you both can register for a $20 lunch. Send an email to email@example.com to receive the 20/20 code.
Also, we're having a Wedding MBA 2018 Contest. We'll discuss more about this during our event.
We look forward to seeing you on 4/18/18 at Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek!
Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek
Contributing Wedding Professionals
Planner - Jackie Walker
Venue Host - Casa Blanca on Brushy Creek
Caterer - Foodapalooza
Photographer - Doc List Photography
Rental Partner - Monarch Event Rentals
Featured Vendor - Lynn Amer Kanti Goods
Bruschetta - Roasted Tomato, Basil, Roasted Garlic, Kalamata Olives, Balsamic Glaze on a Garlic Butter Crostini
Diablo Jalapeno Poppers - Whole Jalapenos stuffed with a combination of Cream Cheese, Sriracha, Sweet Chili Sauce, and wrapped in Bacon
Roasted Salmon - Whole Roasted Dijon Herb Crusted Salmon with Apricot Jalapeno Butter Sauce and a Fresh Dill Cream Sauce
Build Your Own Truffled Mac and Cheese Bar (appetizer portion)
• Made with Smoked Gouda, Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar and Mild Cheddar Cheeses
**Served with Grilled Chicken Fajita, Chopped Bacon, Roasted Mushrooms, Shaved Parmesan, Chopped Green Onions
Roasted Seasonal Vegetables
Pink Lemonade, Iced Tea & Spa Water (Cucumber Lime)
Cucumber Jalapeno Margaritas
Free on-site parking
10:00am - Vendor Setup
11:00am - Registration/Networking/Venue Tour
11:20am - Announcements/Shout-outs/What I Wish You Knew | MBA Contest/Vendor Intros
11:30pm - Lunch/Meet The Executive Team
12:00pm - SpeedNetworking
1:00pm - Meeting Ends/Cleanup
Let us know - firstname.lastname@example.org - We look forward to seeing you at the meeting this month!
Thanks - Michelle Bromley & the Executive Team!
- Visit our Local Chapter's Directory for more information!
- Guest/Future Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your registration is confirmation of your attendance and a seat at the event.
- Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable. A ticket may be cancelled up to 6 days prior to an event by logging into your account and viewing your registration details. If a ticket is cancelled, it can only be applied to a future meeting. The balance will remain on your account until you register for your next meeting with Wedding Network USA.
- All Tickets: An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible for the full price of the ticket whether you attend or not.
- If you are unable to attend and would like to send someone in your place, please email email@example.com for a case-by-case basis (this is not guarantee).
- Additional information can be found on our terms and privacy page of the website.