2018 Wedding Trends!
The Month of Trends continues and WILCO wedding pros, you are invited!
Both our Austin and WILCO meetings this month will be addressing the popular trends in weddings forecasted for 2018. Local Wedding Planner and Designer Michelle Bromley, PWC with Here to Help! will moderate as local pros discuss the various trends we will see in venues, design, floral, rentals, catering, desserts, stationery and more. Each participating vendor will give us insight into the popular things going on in their respective categories. We will have an informal Q&A with these pros to learn more about how they bring their distinctive perspectives to these popular trends.
Certified wedding planner Michelle Bromley has been in the local event industry for over 20 years. Before becoming a full-time event planner within her own company, she worked for venues, catering companies, a charter ship, and two planning companies. She became owner of Allison’s Events in July 2010, and started Here To Help! in 2011. She believes her biggest talents lie in the overall planning and execution of an event because she does have such a well-rounded experience in the industry.
In addition to planning, Michelle also taught a wedding planning certification class at Austin Community College through the Lovegevity Wedding Planning Institute from 2010 through 2013 and earned the special designation Certified Professional Wedding and Event Planner (CPWEP). She also took the Nuptial Essentials Curriculum and Instruction (NECI) course at the end of 2015 and became a certified Professional Wedding Consultant (PWC) and has instructed that course as well.
Michelle believes strongly in the power of networking and word-of-mouth referrals and thinks she wouldn’t be where she is in her career without her memberships and service to ILEA (formerly ISES) and Wedding Network USA (formerly NEAWP). She was a member of ISES from 2004-2014 and served on that board in various capacities from 2008-2013. She became a member of NEAWP in 2015 and became the Austin Chapter Membership Chair in 2016 when it transitioned to Wedding Network. She became the Austin Chapter Director in 2017 and was responsible for establishing the WILCO Chapter in March of 2017.
Contributing Wedding Professionals
Planner - Here To Help
Venue Host - The Grove on Brushy Creek
Caterer - Catering With A Twist
Dessert - The Powder Sugar Room
Photographer - Loa Photography
Florist - Floral Renaissance
Rental Partner - American Party Rentals
Photo Entertainment - Altared's Mirror Me Booth
Stationery - Scripted Ever After
Transportation - Uptown Valet & Transportation
Buddha Bowl Bar
Serving - Sriracha Shrimp and Black Pepper Chicken with assorted vegetables; sautéed mushrooms, smoked chili dusted kale, sesame broccoli, sweet and spicy carrots and fire roasted peppers served with green onions, roasted peanuts, cilantro, garlic sauce, sweet chili glaze, chili paste and soy sauce; Quinoa and Brown Rice.
Trends represented: Health and Dietary Conscious Menu, Dusting with powders and seasonings, more plant based than protein, and the DIY experience of building your own bowl.
Self Parking - Parking at The Grove is just a short half block from the front door. There is a convenient main entrance driveway for guest drop off and pick up.
Inclement Weather Parking
10:00am - Vendor Setup
11:00am - Registration/Networking
11:20am - Announcements/Shout-outs/What I Wish You Knew
11:30am - Lunch with a discussion about food and dessert trends
12:00pm - Discussion about other trends in various categories: venue, design, floral, rentals, stationery, photo entertainment
12:50pm - Q&A
1:00pm - Meeting Ends/Cleanup
Let us know - firstname.lastname@example.org - We look forward to seeing you at the meeting this month!
Thanks - Michelle Bromley & the Executive Team!
- Visit our Local Chapter's Directory for more information!
- Guest/Future Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Your registration is confirmation of your attendance and a seat at the event.
- Member tickets: All purchases and tickets are non-refundable. A ticket may be cancelled up to 6 days prior to an event by logging into your account and viewing your registration details. If a ticket is cancelled, it can only be applied to a future meeting. The balance will remain on your account until you register for your next meeting with Wedding Network USA.
- All Tickets: An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible for the full price of the ticket whether you attend or not.
- If you are unable to attend and would like to send someone in your place, please email email@example.com for a case-by-case basis (this is not guarantee).
- Additional information can be found on our terms and privacy page of the website.