WILCO Speed Networking 2.0 at TopGolf
Hi WILCO Chapter, it’s time for your Speed Networking 2.0 meeting!
I know, we are in the event industry and aren't shy, right? C'mon, you know at networking events we all tend to drift to those we have met before, and new folks find it hard to crack into the conversation. The Speed Networking event will be our second of the year for the WILCO Chapter. It is designed to meet as many people as possible in a one hour period. You get to do what all of us humans love to do and talk about yourself for a minute, and then you listen to what the other person has to say for a minute, and then we yell, "SWITCH"! This event is a GREAT opportunity to strengthen the working relationships you have with other members AND to form new ones!
Here's some good reading on how to become an active listener (because apparently, we suck at that according to the statistics):
MAKE SURE YOU BRING BUSINESS CARDS because you will be handing them out to each person in front of you during the speed networking. There will NOT be time to have a long conversation with those you meet at this event so we urge you to follow up with those folks you are interested in getting to know better via email or phone call after the meeting. Schedule a time to get together and go into depth about each other's businesses and begin to develop that networking relationship. That's what it's all about, right?
Because this is such a fun venue, we decided to make this a Happy Hour meeting! We will have appetizers during registration from 5:00-5:30pm and then we will do speed networking from 5:30-6:30pm. There will be a cash bar available for the duration of the meeting. The icing on the cake is that the venue has reserved four golf bays for us to hit some ball from 6:30-7:00pm. That’s a great opportunity to continue networking with someone you made a connection with during the speed portion.
Venue and Caterer
Photography and Centerpieces
- Please RSVP by the Monday before the meeting to take advantage of discounted pricing
- All RSVP's after Monday (and walk-ups) will be assessed a late fee.
Michelle Bromley, Austin Chapter Director
- Ticket purchase is valid for this event only and non-refundable. Ticket may not be used for any future events.
- An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible to pay whether you attend or not. You may cancel your RSVP by going to your profile on the website.
- If you are unable to attend, someone else may come in your place - please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your guest to verify.