Sales for Event Professionals
Mitch Taylor believes Success is in Serving, not Selling. He works with Event Professionals who have the challenge of connecting with clients and closing sales. He teaches ways to research prospects most effectively, what questions to ask before talking about anything, positioning yourself as an expert so your clients recognize you for it, and creating a new way to present your services at the close.
**Since this is our October meeting, costumes ARE encouraged**
Speaker: Mitch Taylor of Taylored Sales
Mitch helps attendees break down the sales process and learn how to build stronger relationships that helped him grow his event company into a six-figure business in a town so small the nearest Starbucks was 60 miles away until they finally opened one in April of this year. A Jeffrey Gitomer licensed trainer, his mission is to help people succeed and help them find new ways to GIVE VALUE FIRST. He is the author of S.A.L.E.S. 4 Event Pros, co-author of Creating Connections: 31 Days to Building Stronger & Deeper Relationships, and producer of a weekly podcast of the same name and a weekday motivational Facebook Live segment, #LiveAt755.
Venue: Columbia Winery
One of the largest winery wedding spaces in Washington, Columbia Winery can accommodate receptions for up to 225 people for seated events and 300 for standing reception-style events with ample parking. In 2015, Columbia Winery was selected by Washington Tasting Room Magazine as the #2 location to host a wedding in Washington!
Fully renovated in early 2017, Columbia Winery offers a selection of elegant and unique event settings, including the signature wine country ambiance of our Barrel Room. Nestled in the heart of Woodinville wine country, we offer both indoor and outdoor spaces to create the perfect environment for any wedding style. Our picturesque venues throughout the property can help you create an unforgettable occasion large or small.
The staff at Columbia Winery works closely with local caterers and vendors to provide the best of the Northwest. Enjoy a selection of fine wines from Columbia Winery to complement any meal perfectly and enlist one of their wine educators to add a special touch to the occasion.
Catering: Shooby Doo Catering
Service beyond expectation is what Shooby Doo Catering strives to bring to your special event. We provide full service catering to the Greater Seattle Area emphasizing all-natural, organic and sustainable cuisine whenever possible. Bar service, craft cocktails and full service rentals are coordinated for your convenience by our friendly staff. We have created hundreds of memorable experiences for our guests who have previously named us best Wedding Caterer on King 5's Best of Western Washington. Whether you have a wedding, corporate event or private party in the works, Shooby Doo Catering will help you plan a classy and tasty event that will surely impress your guests.
Contributing Wedding Professionals
- Cheese Crisp with Crispy Mushrooms with brie and mushroom mousse
- Duck Confit Filo Cups with pomegranate served in filo cups
- Artisan Apple Salad with artisan greens, sliced apples, candied walnuts, and gorgonzola cheese tossed with apple cider vinaigrette
- Chicken Piccata sautéed with capers and lemon
- Flat Iron Steak grilled, sliced and served with salsa verde
- Mushroom Turnover (for Vegetarians only) wrapped in film dough served with a porcini cream sauce
- Truffle Mac and Cheese finished with white truffle oil
- Grilled Vegetables with marinated squash, eggplant, sweet onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers, grilled and finished with balsamic reduction
- Bread and Butter
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée Tartlets
Ample self-parking is available in Columbia Winery's lot.
- Please RSVP by the Friday before the meeting to take advantage of discounted pricing
- All RSVP's after Friday (and walk-ups) will be assessed a late fee.
Rebecca Grant, Seattle Chapter Director
- Ticket purchase is valid for this event only and non-refundable. Ticket may not be used for any future events.
- An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible to pay whether you attend or not. You may cancel your RSVP by going to your profile on the website.
- If you are unable to attend, someone else may come in your place - please email email@example.com and your guest to verify.