The Power of Blogging
Hear from local Seattleite, author and Season 9 "Bachelorette," Desiree Hartsock, on the power of using your blog to promote inspiration, tips, and driving business to you.
Speaker: Desiree Hartsock
Many may know Desiree from her appearance on ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’ season 9 where she met her husband Chris Siegfried. But long before handing out roses, she always had a passion for bridal, design, and the desire to help others.
That’s where her blog, DesireeHartsock.com comes in to play. Established in 2013, she set out to share beautiful wedding inspiration, wedding day tips and advice, as well as personal life events and thoughts to help inspire brides and women of all ages to live their best life and dream wedding day. Desiree's decade long experience working in the bridal industry, first as a bridal stylist, helping brides find the dress of their dreams, to an accessories and jewelry designer, to the author of ‘My Fairytale Wedding: Planning your dream wedding without breaking the bank’ and currently as a wedding gown designer, has helped shape her presence as a bridal expert within the industry.
Desiree shares a rooted love and respect for bridal and the significance that weighs on one of the most special days in a woman’s life. For that reason, she vows to provide and prepare brides for their wedding day with beautiful inspiration from real weddings, DIY tutorials, styling tips for all shapes and the best advice she can offer to make sure a bride's wedding day is a dream come true.
Desiree is a girl-on-the-go with a love for nature, travel and life. When she's not dreaming up a design or sharing her insights on her blog, you can find her next to her husband’s side, exploring the great Pacific Northwest, with their puppy and baby boy.
Venue: The Admiral's House
This historical landmark property is secluded on nearly four acres in Magnolia. It overlooks Elliott Bay and boasts an unobstructed view of the Seattle city skyline, including the iconic Space Needle and the majestic Mt. Rainier.
Throughout the years, over thirty U.S. Naval admirals and their families have resided in the house, which was also used for formally entertaining government, military officials, foreign dignitaries, royalty, and business leaders.
The Admiral’s House offers an unsurpassed and truly unique venue for every special event or gathering. It was awarded “Best New Reception Venue” by Seattle Bride Magazine, best of 2014, Additionally, a finalist for best of in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The venue has a capacity of 30-250 people and requires at minimum a day-of coordinator for events. The accolades and feedback for this site are magnificent. Without any doubt, this venue delivers the ultimate in lasting memories for every event. No other venue in Seattle or Puget Sound compares.
Catering: City Catering
Named Seattle’s Most Creative Caterer by Seattle Magazine, City Catering Company is a full-service caterer providing innovative food, beverage, decor, and service. We source many products from local farms, ranches, fisheries, and distilleries whenever possible. We believe food cooked at your event tastes better; a great cocktail is tested and measured; smooth service requires smart and genuine servers; and, logistically speaking, no one runs a smoother event in town.
Contributing Wedding Professionals
- Andalusian tuna- marinated tuna, sherry vinaigrette, pepperonata (GF)
- Harvester- seared port belly, risotto cake, butternut squash puree, cranberry (GF)
- Korean tofu- crispy tofu, much cucumber relish, ssamjang, micro cilantro (GF, V)
- Fieldman- braised short rib, apple-thyme gremolata (GF, DF)
- Maple seared airline- maple brined airline chicken, fried brussel slaw (GF, DF)
- Carmelized pear quinoa- roasted pears, walnuts, kale (GF, DF, Vegan)
- Winter gratin- butternut squash, potato, sage, thyme, parmesan (GF, Vegetarian)
- Orchard salad- frisee, arugula, mizen, grilled fennel, gorgonzola, mustard sherry (GF, Vegetarian)
- Rustic breads- with salted butter
- Out to the ball game- chocolate cola cake, peanut butter mousse, chocolate croquants
- Northwest chestnut- chestnut cake with apple butter filling, topped by mascarpone frosting, garnished with an apple chip
- Matcha and black sesame cake- black sesame cake, mango curd, green tea buttercream, white chocolate dipped shortbread
- Classic vanilla raspberry- vanilla bean cake, raspberry preserves, vanilla buttercream
There is very limited parking for this meeting- Butler Transportation will be on-site directing cars for parking and making looping shuttle trips up the hill for drop-off and pickup. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Please RSVP by the Friday before the meeting to take advantage of discounted pricing
- All RSVP's after Friday (and walk-ups) will be assessed a late fee.
Rebecca Grant, Seattle Chapter Director
- Ticket purchase is valid for this event only and non-refundable. Ticket may not be used for any future events.
- An RSVP without payment is still considered an RSVP and you will be responsible to pay whether you attend or not. You may cancel your RSVP by going to your profile on the website.
- If you are unable to attend, someone else may come in your place - please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your guest to verify.