They do not all have to be alcohol.
Your Guests will expect beverages as well as a great meal. Beverages may include water, coffee, sodas, iced tea, lemonade, Italian sodas, Espresso service, beer, wine, cocktails and a signature cocktail or two that you have chosen to reflect your wedding style.
For an outdoor wedding & reception, you should absolutely have water and non-alcoholic drinks available as Guests arrive for the ceremony. At the conclusion of the ceremony the bar can be opened. You can start with just tray passed signature cocktails, moving to full service for dinner or any number of offerings you work out with your service provider.
Never serve alcohol without having a state certified bartender. Licensed bartenders check ID, don’t over serve Guests and will save you the embarrassment of cutting Uncle Joe off from service! You can get bartenders for hire – or hire a liquid catering company to handle all the bars for you. They can bring all the beverages, set up beautiful and appropriately themed bars, staff them with licensed bartenders, they can create signature cocktails and more. Plus they carry the needed insurance to cover you and your Guests.
Espresso service companies can also provide Italian Sodas and sometimes soft drinks as well.
Things to consider:
- Are you hosting the bar or expecting Guests to purchase their own beverages?
- If considering a cash bar, be sure your Guests are aware prior to the day so that they can be prepared.
- Non-alcoholic drinks should be available at NO charge.
- Whatever type of beverage service-company you hire, check their insurance.
- Ask to help create and taste the signature cocktails.
- Have fun things available, like Raspberry or Lavender Lemonade in big dispensers.